- MP1-31G6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor, CSF-α, Pluripoietin-α, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Burst promoting activity (BPA)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
GM-CSF is a hematopoietic factor that is produced by T cells, macrophages, fibroblasts and endothelial cells. This multifunctional cytokine stimulates progenitor cells of neutrophils, eosinophils and macrophages. GM-CSF is also a differentiation and activating factor for granulocytic and monocytic cells. The MP1-31G6 antibody reacts with mouse granulocyte/macrophage-colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF). The MP1-31G6 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant GM-CSF.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Yeast-expressed, recombinant mouse GM-CSF.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA - Quality tested
IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, the antibody should be titrated between 1-4 µg/ml to determine optimal concentration. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of GM-CSF recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 15 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection1,3-5: The biotinylated MP1-31G6 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified MP1-22E9 antibody (Cat. No. 505402/505408) as the capture antibody.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunoprecipitation4, and Neutralization2-4. The LEAF™ purified MP1-22E9 antibody (Endotoxin in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 505408).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Suda T, et al. 1990. Cell. Immunol. 129:228.
- Nozaki S, et al. 1991. J. Invest. Dermatol. 97:10.
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.20.
- Uyttenhove C, et al. 2011. J Leukoc Biol. 89:1001. PubMed.
- Product Citations
AB_2085380 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505503)
AB_2085379 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505504)
- Cytokine; 22 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/development granulocyte/macrophage progenitors; differentiates myeloblasts/monoblasts; synergizes with Epo proliferation of erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors
- Cell Sources
- T cells, monocytes/macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, mast cells
- Cell Targets
- Granulocyte/macrophage/erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors, myeloblasts, monoblasts
- Heterodimer GM-CSFR α subunit (CDw116); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, IL-5R
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Demetri G, et al. 1991. Blood 78:2791.
3. Fan D, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:571.
4. Negrin R, et al. 1992. Adv. Pharmacol. 23:263.
- Synergistic with IL-1, IL-3, G-CSF; E21R competitive antagonist for receptor binding; stored in ECM with heparan sulfate proteoglycans
- Gene ID
- 12981 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GM-CSF on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.