- YTS156.7.7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lyt-3, Ly-3
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8b is the 32 kD β chain of CD8, also known as Lyt-3 or Ly-3. It is a member of the Ig superfamily expressed as a heterodimer with the CD8α chain on a subset of MHC class I-restricted T cells and most thymocytes. CD8 is a co-receptor for the TCR complex involved in T cell activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- McNical AM, et al. 2007. Eur. J. Immunol. 37:1634.
- Product Citations
AB_961308 (BioLegend Cat. No. 126602)
- Ig superfamily, CD8β chain, 34 kD
Majority of thymocytes, cytotoxic T cell subsets
- Co-receptor of TCR
- MHC class I
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1.Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte antigen Facts Book Academic Press.
2. Zamoyska R. 1994. Immunity 1:243-246.
3. Ellmeier W, et al. 1999. Annu. Rev Immunol 17:523.
4. Ledbetter JA, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:1503.
- Gene ID
- 12526 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8b on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.