- 15H2B45 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3, acute-phase response factor (APRF), HIES, ADMIO
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
STAT3 is an 88 kD member of the STAT (signal transducer and activators of transcription) protein family that is phosphorylated in response to cytokine receptor-associated kinase activity. Phosphorylation of STAT3 induces nuclear translocation to activate transcription. STAT3 forms both homo- and heterotrimers and is involved in the activation of genes required for cell growth and apoptosis. STAT3 is also involved in gp130 signaling and binds to IL-6 response elements in various acute phase protein promoters. STAT3 is phosphorylated by signaling from IFNs, EGF, FGF, IL-5, HGF, LIF, and BMP2. STAT3 activity is inhibited by PIAS3 and GRIM-19 and can also be regulated by Rac1 protein.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human STAT3 recombinant protein (621-770 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.06 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone 15H2B45 blocks clone 4G4B45.
AB_2629732 (BioLegend Cat. No. 371802)
- 770 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 88.1 kD. Contains a C-terminal SH2 domain responsible for homo- or heterodimerization.
Phosphorylated in response to cytokine signaling by receptor-associated kinases; translocates to nucleus to act as transcriptional activator. Activates a wide variety of genes involved in cell growth and apoptosis, involved in gp130-related signaling.
- STAT3 forms a homodimer or a heterodimer with other STAT family members. Interacts with IL31RA, NCOA1, PELP1, SIPAR, SOCS7, STATIP1, CAV2, DAPK3, EIF2AK2, PIAS3, and TMF1.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Lufei C, et al. 2003. EMBO J. 22:1325.
2. Deo D, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:21237.
3. Pfeffer L, et al. 1997. Science. 276:1418.
4. Akira S, et al. 1994. Cell. 77:63.
- Gene ID
- 6774 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.