- MH9A4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-9, P40, Mast cell growth factor (MCGF), Megakaryoblast growth factor, T cell growth factor-3 (TCGF-3)
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-9 is a potent, T cell-derived, T cell growth factor which can also enhance mast cell activity and IL-3- or IL-4- dependent proliferation of bone marrow-derived mast cells. IL-9 synergizes with erythropoietin to promote erythroid colony formation. IL-9 has also been reported to protect human T cells from apoptosis induced by IL-2 withdrawal. IL-9 is upregulated in human eosinophils by TNF-α and IL1-β. IL-9 has been reported to downregulate the oxidative burst in activated human alveolar macropahges and induce TGF-β production. The MH9A4 antibody reacts with human IL-9. The MH9A4 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-9.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Baculovirus-expressed, recombinant human IL-9
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA capture antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-9 recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 4 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture2: The purified MH9A4 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a human IL-9 sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MH9D1 antibody as the detecting antibody.
For human IL-9 neutralization assay, the LEAF™ purified MH9D1 antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-9 bioactivity.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_315484 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507602)
- Cytokine; 32-39 kD (Mammalian)
- Potentiates production of IgG, IgM, and IgE by IL-4-induced B lymphocytes; regulates granzyme family proteases; enhances proliferation of bone marrow mast cells with IL-3; production of IL-6 by mast cells
- Cell Sources
- IL-2 activated TH2 lymphocytes, Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Cell Targets
- T lymphocytes, erythroid precursors
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunology 143:385.
3. Renauld J, et al. 1993. Adv. Immunol. 54:79.
4. Yang Y. 1992. Leuk. Lymphoma 8:441.
- Upregulated by IL-1 after TCR activation, TNF-α; downregulated by antibodies to IL-2
- Gene ID
- 3578 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-9 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.