- IA6-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ig delta chain C region
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IgD, a member of the immunoglobulin (Ig) family, is expressed in naïve B cells. It has 3 Ig-like domains and exists in a transmembrane and a soluble form. In general, IgD is not secreted and usually its expression is lost after the Ig isotype switch. After antigen binding, IgD signals through the CD79a/CD79b (Igα/Igβ) heterodimer, resulting in the activation of the B cell.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human IgD
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. The product is formulated to simplify the antibody preparation when performing the labeling protocol. As a result, it is possible to proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde fixed frozen sections.4
- Additional Product Notes
- Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Fluidigm Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chen K, et al. 2009. Nat. Immunol. 10:889.
- Lee CH, et al. 2005. J. Exp. Med. 203:63.
- Sutter JA, et al. 2008. Clin. Immunol. 126:282.
- Li H and Pauza CD. 2015. Eur. J. Immunol. 45:298. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2563775 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348235)
- Exists in a transmembranal and a soluble form
Naïve B cells
- Antigen binding, B cell activation
- The CD79a/CD79b heterodimer
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
1. Geisberger R, et al. 2006. Immunology 118:429.
2. Weller S, et al. 2005. Eur. J. Immunol. 35:2789.
3. Brandtzaeg P and Johansen FE. 2005. Immunol. Rev. 206:32.
- Gene ID
- 3495 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IgD on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.