- F38-2E2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein 3, hepatitis virus cellular receptor 2, CD366
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD366 (Tim-3) is a transmembrane protein also known as T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein-3. Tim-3 is expressed at high levels on activated T cells (preferentially on Th1 cells, monocytes/macrophages, and dendritic cells). Tim-3 has also been shown to exist as a soluble protein. Cells expressing Tim-3 are present at high levels in the CNS of animals at the onset of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), a disease mediated by lymphocytes secreting Th1-like cytokines. Tim-3 has been proposed to inhibit Th1-mediated immune responses and promote immunological tolerance.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Tim-3 fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: costimulation1 (clone 2E2 has been shown to enhance T-cell receptor mediated activation and cytokine secretion) and blocking2,3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hastings WD, et al. 2009. Eur. J. Immunol. 39:2492. (Costim)
- Jones RB, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:2763. (Block)
- Klibi J, et al 2009. Blood 113:1957. (FC, Block)
- Product Citations
AB_2116575 (BioLegend Cat. No. 345001)
AB_2116574 (BioLegend Cat. No. 345002)
- Transmembrane protein containing immunoglobulin domain and mucin-like domain; can exist as a soluble form lacking mucin and transmembrane domains
Activated T cells, preferentially on Th1 cells, monocytes, dendritic cells
- Plays a role in regulating macrophage activation, T cell apoptosis and immune tolerance
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Monocytes, T cells, Th1, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Hafler DA and Kuchroo V. 2008. J. Exp. Med. 205:2699.
2. Zhu C, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:1245.
3. Wang F, et al. 2009. Immunobiology 214:342.
- Gene ID
- 84868 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about CD366 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.