- 5-271 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GPIIIb, GPIV
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD36 is an 85 kD integral membrane glycoprotein, also known as GPIIIb, or GPIV. It is expressed on various epithelial and endothelial cells as well as erythrocytes, platelets, macrophages/monocytes and some macrophage-derived dendritic cells. CD36 functions as a scavenger receptor, binding thrombospondin, long chain fatty acids, oxidized LDL, collagen type I, IV, and V as well as apoptotic cells. The 5-271 antibody has been reported to be useful for flow cytometry.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human platelets
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Verified
ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl whole blood. For immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Stelner E, et al. 2006. J. Cell Sci. 119:459.
- Stewart DA, et al. 2012. Mol. Cancer Res. 10:727. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_1279228 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336202)
- Integral membrane protein, CD36 family, single chain glycoprotein, 85-113 kD
Expressed in various epithelial and endothelial cells, erythrocytes, platelets, monocytes/ macrophages, some macrophage-derived dendritic cells
- Scavenger receptor for thrombospondin, long chain fatty acids, anionic phospholipids, oxidized LDL, collagen types I, IV and V. Involved in recognition and phagocytosis of apoptotic cells, cell adhesion.
- Thrombospondin, anionic phospholipids, oxidized LDL, collage types I, IV, and V
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Erythrocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Hogg N, et al. 1984. Immunology 53-753.
2. Greenwalt DE, et al. 1992. Blood 80:1105.
3. Armsesilla AL, et al.1994. J. Biol. Chem. 269:18985.
4. Endemann G, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:11811.
- Gene ID
- 948 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD36 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.