- OX-104 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VII 70655
- Other Names
- OX-2, OX2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD200, also known as OX2, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF). It is a monomorphic cell surface glycoprotein that is expressed on thymocytes, neurons, endothelium, follicular dendritic cells in all lymphoid organs, a subset of CD34+ progenitor cells, and at low levels on some smooth muscle and B lymphocytes. It is not expressed on NK cells, monocytes, granulocytes, or platelets. CD200 costimulates T cell proliferation. It may regulate myeloid cell activity in a variety of tissues. The interaction between CD200 (OX2) and CD200 receptor (OX2R) system is of importance in the control of macrophage and granulocyte activation, which may contribute to pathways that suppress and limit macrophage induced inflammatory damage in tissue.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, IHC-P, Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections1 and acetone-fixed frozen sections2, and blocking of CD200 interaction with CD200R.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Patel GK, et al. 2012. J. Invest. Dermatol. 132:401. (IHC)
- Wright GJ, et al. 2001. Immunology 102:173. (IHC)
- Foster-Cuevas M, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:7667. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_1027716 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329201)
AB_1027715 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329202)
- Immunoglobulin superfamily
T cells, neurons, endothelium
- Costimulates T cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Neurons, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Wright GJ, et al. 2001. Immunol. 102:173.
2. Foster-Cuevas M, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:7667.
3. Mason D, et al. 2002. ed. Leukocyte Typing VII. New York:Oxford Univ. Press.
4. Broderick C, et al. 2002. Am. J. Pathol. 161:1669.
- Induces a downregulation of macrophage activity
- Gene ID
- 4345 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD200 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.