- 9S2-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lgals9, Gal-9, Ecalectin, Tumor antigen HOM-HD-21, Ecalectin
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Galectin-9 is a mammalian lectin with a molecular weight around 40 kD. It is a member of the β-galactoside-binding family. With two conserved carbohydrate recognition domains (CRDs), galectin-9 binds small β-galactosides as well as complex glycoconjugates. HAVCR2/TIM3 has been reported as one of its ligands. Galectin-9 may be retained intracellularly or transported to the cell surface where it can be cleaved to generate a soluble form. Galectin-9 is expressed by lymphocytes, dendritic cells, granulocytes, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and thymus epithelial cells. It can be induced by cytokines in various cell types and is involved in cell aggregation, adhesion, chemotaxis, and apoptosis; galectin-9 induces regulatory T cells and suppresses Th1 and Th17 responses.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Galectin-9 (S-type)
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, 0.09% NaN3.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 1 µg per ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
- Does not cross react with mouse.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pielage JF, et al. 2007. Int. J. Biochem. Cell. Biol. 39:1886. (WB)
AB_10900999 (BioLegend Cat. No. 650701)
AB_10897952 (BioLegend Cat. No. 650702)
- 355 amino acids; 40 kD
- Lymphocytes, dendritic cells, neutrophils, eosinophils, astrocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, thymus stromal/epithelial cells.
- Cell aggregation, adhesion, chemotaxis, apoptosis, suppression of Th1 and Th17 responses, and induction of regulatory T cells.
- Cell Type
- Lymphocytes, Dendritic cells, Neutrophils, Eosinophils, Astrocytes, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Antigen References
1. Seki M, et al. 2008. Clin. Immunol. 127:78.
2. Tsubo IY, et al. 2007. Clin. Immunol. 124:221.
3. Zhu C, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:1245.
4. Dunphy JL, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:14916.
- Gene ID
- 3965 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Galectin-9 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.