- QBEnd/10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Hematopoietic progenitor cell antigen CD34, CD34 antigen
Signet Catalog# 326-26 L2 Predilute
Covance Catalog# SIG-3326
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD34, also known as gp105-120, is a type I monomeric sialomucin-like glycophosphoprotein with an approximate molecular weight of 105-120 kD. Selectively expressed on the majority of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells, bone marrow stromal cells, capillary endothelial cells, embryonic fibroblasts, and some nervous tissue, CD34 is a commonly used marker to identify human hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. According to the differential sensitivity to enzymatic cleavage, four groups of epitopes of CD34 have been described. CD34 mediates cell adhesion and lymphocytes homing through binding to L-selectin and E-selectin ligands.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was generated using a vesicular suspension of a perfusate of human term placenta.
- Phosphate-buffered solution with BSA + 0.1% NaN3.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: 1:1000-1:1500 (concentrated format) with Biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues, frozen sections
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Retrieve-All 1 (Cat. No. 927901).
Incubation: 20 minutes at room temperature
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC).
The BioLegend QBEnd/10 monoclonal antibody detects the CD34 antigen. It stains the cytoplasm of endothelial cells of vascular tissue with some cross reactivity to basement membrane collagen. In tumors this monoclonal antibody is valuable in labelling the vascular endothelium of Kaposi's sarcoma, tumors involving the liver, spindle shaped tumors and any other highly vascular neoplastic or normal tissue.
**We recommend a quick spin prior to opening the vial.
Positive tissue (human): Skin, tonsil or other highly vascular tissue.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Anthony P, et al. Endothelial markers in malignant vascular tumor of the liver: superiority of QBEnd/10 over von willebrand factor and uelex europus agglutinin 1. J Clin Path 44:2, 1991.
- Sankey EA, et al. QBEnd/10: a new immunostain for the diagnosis of Kaposi's Sarcoma. J Path 161:267-271, 1990.
- Fletcher CDM, et al. QBEnd/10: a useful but by no means a specific marker for the diagnosis of kaposi's sarcoma. J Path 162:274, 1990.
- Ramani P, et al. QBEnd/10, a new monoclonal antibody to endothelium: assessment of its diagnostic utility in paraffin sections. Histopathol 17:237-242, 1990.
AB_2564903 (BioLegend Cat. No. 826401)
- 105-120 kD single chain mucin-like glycoprotein
Hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells, bone marrow stromal cells, endothelial cells, embryonic fibroblasts
- Cell adhesion
- L-selectin, E-selectin
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Krause DS, et al. 1996. Blood 87:1.
2. Puri KD, et al. 1995. J. Cell Biol. 131:261.
3. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules:The CD Markers. John Wiley & Sons Inc, Hoboken New Jersey.
- Gene ID
- 947 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD34 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.