- W19216A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase Alpha, Acetyl-Coenzyme A Carboxylase Alpha, ACC1, ACCA
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) is a cytosolic enzyme that catalyzes carboxylation of acetyl-CoA to malonyl-CoA, the initiating and rate-limiting step in fatty acid biosynthesis. Two isoforms of ACC exist that show tissue-specific distribution. ACC1 is predominantly expressed in lipogenic tissues, while ACC2 is found in oxidative tissues. In response to depletion of cellular ATP, AMPK phosphorylates ACC1 at Ser79, resulting in loss of enzymatic activity. ACC1 is a clinical target for various metabolic diseases, and also contributes to metabolic reprogramming in tumor cells.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human acetyl-CoA carboxylase 1 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 2.0 μg/mL is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg/test. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
-Clone W19216A has a weak affinity for mouse acetyl-CoA carboxylase 1; we therefore do not recommend this clone for detecting mouse acetyl-CoA carboxylase
-This clone was tested for ICC using 4% PFA-fixed HeLa cells permeabilized with either Triton X-100 or methanol. Both methods were compatible with staining of acetyl-CoA carboxylase 1.
-This clone may cross react with acetyl-CoA carboxylase 2.
AB_2888906 (BioLegend Cat. No. 942201)
AB_2888906 (BioLegend Cat. No. 942202)
- Acetyl-CoA carboxylase 1 is a 2,346 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 266 kD.
- Fatty acid biosynthesis
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
1. Chen L, et al. 2019. Expert Opin. Investig. Drugs. 28:917.
2. Munday MR, et al. 1999. Adv. Enzyme Regul. 39:205.
3. Saddik M, et al. 1993. J Biol Chem. 268:25836.
- Gene ID
- 31 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.