- HMα2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, Integrin α2 chain, ITGA2, HMa2
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD49b is a 150 kD glycoprotein, also known as α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, Integrin α2 chain, and HMα2. It is a member of the integrin family, expressed on NK cells, a subset of splenic CD4+ T cells, NK-T cells, intestinal intraepithelial and lamina propria lymphocytes, epithelial cells, and platelets. By associating with CD29 (integrin β1 subunit), CD49b forms the VLA-2 (integrin α2β1 ) complex. It plays a critical role in both adhesion and lymphocyte activation. The primary ligands for CD49b are collagen, laminin, and fibronectin. The HMα2 antibody has been shown to be useful for partially blocking CD49b mediated interactions with collagen. Additionally, this antibody blocks staining of splenic NK cells by the monoclonal antibody DX5.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse colon carcinoma cell line Colon26
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is =0.06 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunofluorescence on frozen sections4, and blocking of cell adhesion1-3. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 103525 & 103526).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Miyake S, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:2000. (Block, IP)
- Noto K, et al. 1995. Int. Immunol. 7:835. (Block)
- Arase H, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:1141. (Block)
- Zhang Z, et al. 2008. Blood 111:1980. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2566104 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103519)
AB_2566105 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103520)
- Integrin family, associates with CD29 (β1 integrin), 150 kD
NK cells, subset splenic CD4+ T cells, NK-T cells, intestinal intraepithelial and lamina propria lymphocytes, epithelial cells, platelets
- Adhesion, lymphocyte activation
- Collagen, laminin, fibronectin
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Lymphocytes, NK cells, NKT cells, Platelets, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Sasaki K, et al. 2003. Int. Immunol. 15:701.
3. Inoue O, et al. 2003. J. Cell Biol. 160:769.
- Gene ID
- 16398 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49b on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.