- 11C3C65 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD223, LAG-3, LAG3, lymphocyte-activation gene-3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD223, also known as LAG-3, is a 70 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is involved in T-cell signaling. Similar to CD4, CD223 binds MHC class II, but with a higher affinity. CD223 negatively regulates T-cell activation. It is expressed by activated T-cells and natural killer cells (NKs), as well as regulatory T-cells. It is transiently expressed on the surface of activated T-cells in acute conditions but high expression is maintained under tolerizing conditions. CD223 deficiency results in reduced tumor growth. CD223 and PD-1 can act in synergy and reverse exhausted phenotypes, improve tumor rejection, and control viral load.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human LAG-3 transfected cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
The staining of clone 11C3C65 cannot be blocked by clone 7H2C65, which is another anti-human CD223 (LAG-3) antibody.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Product Citations
AB_2629754 (BioLegend Cat. No. 369311)
AB_2629755 (BioLegend Cat. No. 369312)
- 70 kD transmembrane glycoprotein, Ig superfamily, highly homologous to CD4.
Activated T-cells and natural killer cells (NKs) and regulatory T cells.
- Negatively regulates T-cell activation.
- Binds MHC class II molecules.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Castelli C, et al. 2014. Oncoimmunology. 3(11):e967146.
2. Poirier N, et al. 2011. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 164:265.
3. Juno JA, et al. 2015. Retrovirology. 12:17.
4. Casati C, et al. 2006. Cancer Res. 66:4450.
- Gene ID
- 3902 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD223 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.