- P1H12 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- Muc-18, MCAM, Mel-CAM, S-endo
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD146 is a 118 kD integral transmembrane glycoprotein that is also known as MUC18, S-Endo, MCAM, and Mel-CAM (melanoma cell adhesion molecule). It belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD146 is expressed on melanoma cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, activated T cells, multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells, and activated keratinocytes. CD146 mediates heterophilic cell adhesion and regulates monocyte transendothelial migration. The ligand of CD146 remains to be identified.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Mouse, Canine2, 5, Rabbit
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Cultured human umbilical cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: Western blotting3 and IHC1,5.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Solovey A, et al. 1997. N. Engl. J. Med. 337:1584. (FC, IHC)
- Lamerato-Kozicki AR, et al. 2006. Exp. Hematol. 34:870. (FC)
- Balint K, et al. 2005. J. Clin. Invest. 115:3166. (WB)
- Neskey DM, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Clin. Cancer Res. 27:61. (ELISA)
- Kamstock D, et al. 2006. Cancer Gene Therap. 13:306. (IHC)
AB_2562984 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361009)
AB_2562985 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361010)
- 118 kD integral glycoprotein, Ig superfamily
Melanoma cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, activated T cells, multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells
- Adhesion, monocytes transendothelial migration
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Mesenchymal cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Pickl WF, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:2107.
2. Weninger W, et al. 2000. J. Invest. Dermatol. 115:219.
3. Sorrentino A, et al. 2008. Exp. Hematol. 36:1035.
4. Bardin N, et al. 2009. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 29:746.
- Gene ID
- 4162 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD146 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.