- UV4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-6R1, gp80, IL-6 receptor alpha, IL-6R
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD126 is an 80 kD IL-6 receptor α chain also known as IL-6R. It is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that is expressed on plasma cells, T cells, activated B cells, monocytes, granulocytes, hepatocytes, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts. Functional IL-6 receptors are formed by the non-covalent association of CD126 and the IL-6 receptor β chain (CD130 or gp130). CD126 binds IL-6 with low affinity but does not signal. The β chain (gp130, CD130) does not bind IL-6 by itself but associates with the α-chain/IL-6 complex to initiate signal transduction. IL-6 binding to the receptor complex results in the stimulation of B and T cells, and hematopoietic precursor proliferation and differentiation. A soluble form of CD126 has been found in human serum.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human myeloma cell line U266
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of IL-6 binding to IL-6R.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Huang YW and Vitetta ES. 1993. Hybridoma 12:621.
AB_2562718 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352811)
AB_2562719 (BioLegend Cat. No. 352812)
- Ig superfamily, associates with IL-6Rβ chain (CD130, gp130), 80 kD
Plasma cells, T cells, monocytes, hepatocytes, activated B cells, granulocytes, epithelial cells, and fibroblasts
- Stimulates T cells, B cells, and hematopoietic precursor proliferation and differentiation
- CD130, c-Src, STAT3, WWP1, WWP2
- Cell Type
- B cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Granulocytes, Monocytes, Plasma cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Taga T, et al. 1997. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 15:797.
2. Fitzgerald K, et al. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press London.
3. Boulanger MJ, et al. 2003. Science 300:2101.
4. Gaillard JP, et al. 1993. Eur. J. Immunol. 23:820.
- Gene ID
- 3570 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD126 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.