- SK3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T4, Leu3a
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD4, also known as T4, is a 55 kD single-chain type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on most thymocytes, a subset of T cells, and monocytes/macrophages. CD4, a member of the Ig superfamily, recognizes antigens associated with MHC class II molecules and participates in cell-cell interactions, thymic differentiation, and signal transduction. CD4 acts as a primary receptor for HIV, binding to HIV gp120. CD4 has also been shown to interact with IL-16.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 675 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Evans RL, et al. 1981. Immunol. 78:544
- Arno A et al. 1999. J. Infect. Dis. 180:56
- Muech M, et al. 1997. Blood 89:1364
- Wang L, et al. 2012. Cytometry A. 81:567. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2563325 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344623)
AB_2563326 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344624)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 55 kD
T cell subset, majority of thymocytes, monocytes/macrophages
- MHC class II co-receptor, lymphocyte adhesion, thymic differentiation, HIV receptor
- MHC class II molecules, HIV gp120, IL-16
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Center D et al. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:476.
2. Gaubin M et al. 1996. Eur. J. Clin. Chem. Clin. Biochem. 34:723.
- Gene ID
- 920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cy5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cy5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.