- C398.4A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Inducible COStimulatory molecule, H4
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
ICOS, also known as inducible costimulatory molecule and H4, is a 47-57 kD protein. This protein is homologous to the CD28/CTLA-4 proteins. ICOS is expressed on activated T cells and a subset of thymocytes. It is able to costimulate T cells proliferation. In addition, ICOS is involved in humoral immune responses (B cell germinal center formation). The ICOS ligand is B7h/B7RP-1 or B7-H2. ICOS stimulation has been shown to potentiate TCR-mediated IL-4 and IL-10 production and has been proposed to play a role in Th2 cell development.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Mouse, Rat, Rhesus, Swine (Pig, Porcine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse T cell clone D10.G4.1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The C398.4A antibody is useful for flow cytometric analysis and is able to costimulate T cell activation and proliferation. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1 and in vitro costimulation of T cell activation1,3,4. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 313512).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Redoglia V, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:2781. (FC IP Costim)
- Yagi J, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:783. (FC)
- Arimura Y, et al. 2002. Int. Immunol. 14:555. (Costim)
- Arimura Y, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:11408. (Costim)
- Product Citations
AB_10641839 (BioLegend Cat. No. 313519)
AB_10643411 (BioLegend Cat. No. 313520)
- CD28/CTLA-4, 47-57 kD
Activated T cells, subset of thymocytes
- Costimulates T cell activation, proliferation, humoral immune response
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Redoglia V, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:2781.
2. Hutloff A, et al. 1999. Nature 397:263.
3. Buonfiglio D, et al. 2000. Eur. J. Immunol. 30:3463.
4. Coyle AJ, et al. 2000. Immunity 13:95.
- Gene ID
- 100048841 View all products for this Gene ID 29851 View all products for this Gene ID 64545 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD278 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.