- TS2/7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α1 integrin, VLA-1 α chain, Integrin α1 chain, ITGA1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD49a is a 200 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as α1 integrin, VLA-1 α chain, or Integrin α1. It associates with CD29 (β1 integrin) to form VLA-1 complex, a collagen IV and alminin-1 receptor. It is expressed on activated T cells, monocytes, NK cells, smooth muscle cells, neuronal cells, fibroblasts, and mesenchymal cells. CD49a is an adhesion molecule and is involved in the regulation of leukocyte migration, T cell proliferation, and cytokine production.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human CTL line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications include: immunoprecipitation (1) and immunohistochemical staining (1) of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hemler ME, et al. 1984. J.Immunol. 132:3011
- Hemler ME, et al. 1985. J. Biol. Chem. 260:15246
- Product Citations
AB_2566271 (BioLegend Cat. No. 328311)
AB_2566272 (BioLegend Cat. No. 328312)
- Integrin alpha chain family, Type I membrane protein, alpha chain of heterodimeric integrin receptor, 200 kD. Associates with CD29 to form VLA-1 complex
Activated T cells, monocytes, NK cells, smooth muscle cells, neuronal cells, fibroblasts, and mesenchymal cells
- Adhesion, leukocyte migration
- With integrin β1 (CD29) forms receptor for laminin-1 and collagen IV
- Cell Type
- Fibroblasts, Mesenchymal cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Zola H, et al. Eds. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules:The CD Markers. Wiley-Liss Press. p122
- Boiret N, et al. 2005. Exp. Hematol. 33:219
- Gene ID
- 3672 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49a on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.