- A16089B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3, Acute-phase response factor (APRF), HIES, ADMIO
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The STAT3 transcription factor is an important signaling molecule for many cytokines and growth factor receptors and is required for murine fetal development. STAT3 is an 88 kD member of the STAT (signal transducer and activators of transcription) protein family that is phosphorylated in response to a cytokine receptor-associated kinase activity. Stat3 is activated by phosphorylation at Tyr705, which induces dimerization, nuclear translocation, and DNA binding. Transcriptional activation was reported to be regulated by phosphorylation at Ser727 through the MAPK or mTOR pathways.
STAT3 forms both homo- and heterotrimers and is involved in the activation of genes required for cell growth and apoptosis. STAT3 is also involved in gp130 signaling and binds to IL-6 response elements in various acute phase protein promoters. STAT3 is phosphorylated by signaling from IFNs, EGF, FGF, IL-5, HGF, LIF, and BMP2. STAT3 activity is inhibited by PIAS3 and GRIM-19 and can also be regulated by the Rac1 protein.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Stat3 peptide phosphorylated at Ser 727. Complete Freund's adjuvant.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The STAT3 Phospho (Ser727) antibody recognizes the regulatory serine phosphorylation of human STAT3 protein.
AB_2721646 (BioLegend Cat. No. 698905)
AB_2721647 (BioLegend Cat. No. 698906)
- STAT3 is a 770 amino acid protein of 88 kD. It consists of a DNA binding domain, a SH2 domain, a regulatory tyrosine responsible for binding of SH2 domain, and a C-terminal transactivation domain.
- STAT3 is also involved in gp130 signaling and binds to IL-6 response elements in various acute phase protein promoters. STAT3 is phosphorylated by signaling from IFNs, EGF, FGF, IL-5, HGF, LIF, and BMP2. STAT3 activity is inhibited by PIAS3 and GRIM-19 and can also be regulated by the Rac1 protein.
- When activated, STAT3 dimerizes and translocates to the nucleus where it regulates gene expression.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers, Phospho-Proteins
- Antigen References
1. Akira S, et al. 1994. Cell. 77:63.
2. Zhang X, et al. 1995. Science 267:1990.
3. Sanchez-Margalet V, et al. 2001. Cell. Immunol. 211:30.
4. Simon A, et al. 2000. Science 290:144.
5. Hoey T, et al. 1999. Adv. Immunol. 71:145.
- Gene ID
- 6774 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT3 Phospho Ser727 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.