- E13-161.7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Ly-6A/E is an 18 kD member of the Ly-6 multigene family also known as Sca-1. Ly6A/E is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked protein expressed on hematopoietic stem cells. In mice expressing the Ly-6.2 haplotype (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, DBA/2, SJL, SWR, and 129), Ly-6A/E is also expressed on peripheral B lymphocytes and thymic and peripheral T lymphocytes. Strains expressing the Ly-6.1 haplotype (e.g., BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, and NZB) have low Ly-6A/E expression on resting peripheral lymphocytes. The expression of Ly-6A/E on lymphocytes is upregulated upon activation from both Ly6.1 and Ly6.2 haplotype mice. Ly-6A/E is thought to be involved in the regulation of both T and B cell responses. The E13-161.7 antibody has been reported to be useful for immunohistochemical staining of frozen sections, immunoprecipitation, flow cytometry, and complement-mediated cytotoxicity.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- mouse pre-T cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: complement-mediated cytoxicity1, immunohistochemical staining of frozen sections2 and Bouin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples4, immunofluorescence microscopy4, and immunoprecipitation3.
The two Sca-1 recognizing clones D7 and E13-161.7 have been shown to bind distinct epitopes due to the inability of D7 to block the binding of E13-161.7.7
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Aihara Y, et al. 1986. Eur. J. Immunol. 16:1391. (CMCD)
- Spangrude GJ, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 141:3697. (IHC)
- van de Rijin M, et al. 1989. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 86:4634. (IP)
- van Bragt MPA, et al. 2005. Biol. Reprod. 73:634. (IHC, IF)
- Rosas M, et al. 2010. J. Leukoc. Biol. 88:169. PubMed
- Felthause O, et al. 2010. Neurosci Lett. 471:179. PubMed
- Bamezai A and Rock KL. 1995. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92:4294.
- Zheng Z, et al. 2012. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 428:309. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_756192 (BioLegend Cat. No. 122507)
AB_756193 (BioLegend Cat. No. 122508)
- Ly-6 multigene family, 18 kD
Hematopoietic stem cells, activated T cells and B cells, subset of resting B cells and T cells
- Regulates B and T cell responses
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, T cells, B cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Antigen References
1. Rock KL, et al. 1989. Immunol. Rev. 111:195.
2. Morrison SJ, et al. 1994. Immunity 1:661.
3. Spangrude GJ, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 141:3697.
4. Malek T, et al. 1986. J. Exp. Med. 164:709.
- Gene ID
- 110454 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-6A/E on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.