- A1/Ly49A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Ly-49A is a 44 kD member of the C-type lectin/Ly-49 family proteins. It is a type-II transmembrane, disulfide-linked homodimer with C-type lectin extracellular domains. Ly-49A is present on a subset of NK and NK-T cells. Ly-49A, like other members of this family, inhibits NK cell activation through the recognition and interaction of certain MHC class I haplotypes on potential target cells. The Ly-49A receptor recognizes H-2Dd and H-2Dk, triggering phosphorylation of the ITIM motif in the cytoplasmic domain and recruitment of SHP-1 and SHP-2. The A1/Ly49A antibody preferentially reacts with CRD of Ly-49AB6 alloantigen and has also shown cross-reaction with Ly-49ANOD, Ly-49PNOD and Ly-49P129/J.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse C57BL/6N T lymphoma EL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nagasawa R, et al. 1987. J. Immunol. 138:815. (IP)
- Guy-Grand D, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:2248. (FC)
- Zimmer J, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:1531. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_2134787 (BioLegend Cat. No. 138703)
- C-type lectin, Ly-49 family, ITIM, 44 kD
NK cells, NKT cells
- Inhibitory NK cell receptor
- H-2Dd, H-2Dk, H-2Dp
- Cell Type
- NK cells, NKT cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Coles MC, et al. 2000. Eur. J. Immunol. 30:236.
2. Takei FJ, et al. 1997. Immunol. Rev. 155:67.
3. Hanke T, et al. 1999. Immunity 11:67.
4. Silver ET, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:1771.
- Gene ID
- 16627 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-49AB6 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.