- W18166A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interluekin 6 receptor alpha, CD126
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD126 (IL-6Rα) is an 80kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that is expressed on activated T and B cells, monocytes, hepatocytes, and plasma cells. High affinity IL-6 receptors are formed by the non-covalent association of CD126 and the IL-6 receptor β chain (CD130 or gp130). CD126 binds IL-6 with low affinity, but does not signal. The β chain (gp130, CD130) does not bind IL-6 by itself, but associates with the α-chain/IL-6 complex to initiate signal transduction. IL-6 binding to the receptor complex results in the stimulation of B and T cells, and hematopoietic precursor proliferation and differentiation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse IL-6R recombinant protein, 1-357 a.a.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone W18166A binds to IL-6 receptor alpha, inhibits IL-6/IL-6 receptor interaction and mediated phosphorylation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3). This clone does not cross-react with rat.
- Ig superfamily, associates with IL-6Rβ chain (CD130, gp130), 80 kD
T cells and activated B cells, monocytes, hepatocytes, plasma cells
- Stimulates T cells, B cells, hematopoietic precursor proliferation and differentiation
- Cell Type
- B cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Granulocytes, Monocytes, Plasma cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
Taga T, et al. 1997. Annu Rev Immunol. 15:797-819.
Fitzgerald K, et al. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press London.
Boulanger MJ, et al. 2003. Science. 300:2101-4
- Gene ID
- 16194 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD126 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.