- BVD3-1F9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-3, Burst promoting activity, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Hematopoietic cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast (MGF/MCGF), Multi-colony stimulating (Multi-CSF), P cell stimulating activity (PCSA), Thy1 inducing factor
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-3 is a highly species-specific pleiotropic factor produced primarily by activated T cells though also by mast cells, keratinocytes, and astrocytes, which stimulates colony formation of megakaryocytes, neutrophils, and macrophages from bone marrow cultures. The BVD3-1F9 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-3.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Yeast-expressed, recombinant human IL-3
µg format: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
Test format: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide, 0.2% (w/v) BSA (USA origin).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA1-3,6 or ELISPOT4 Detection: The biotinylated BVD3-1F9 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified BVD8-3G11 (Cat. No. 500502) antibody as the capture antibody.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labelled BVD3-1F9 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-3 -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation6, Western blotting6, neutralization1,6, immunohistochemical staining5,7 of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections, and immunocytochemistry.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunological Reviews 127:5.
- Abrams J, et al. 1994. Eosinophils in Allergy and Inflammation. Marcel Dekker New York. p.133.
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. 6.20.
- Mahanty S, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:3567.
- Andersson U, et al. 1993. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York: Springer-Verlag.
- Kaushansky K. 1992. J. Clin. Invest. 90:1879.
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16.
AB_2123712 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500606)
- Cytokine; 14-30 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation/differentiation of almost all types of hematopoietic progenitors into granulocytes, macrophages, erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, mast cell colonies; induces expression of 20-α-steroid dehydrogenase, histidine, ornithine decarboxylase
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, mast cells, eosinophils, keratinocytes, NK cells, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- Erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, monocytic lineages
- IL-3R, α subunit (CD123), common β subunit (CDw131)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Frendl G. 1992. Int. J. Immunopharmacol. 14:421.
3. Ihle J. 1992. Chem. Immunology 51:65.
- Upregulated by T cell stimulation; downregulated by glucocorticoids
- Gene ID
- 3562 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-3 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.