- HI264 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VII 70312
- Other Names
- PAS-2, Sialoglycoprotein alpha, MN sialoglycoprotein, Glycophorin A, MNS blood group
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD235a (Glycophorin A) is member of the glycophorin A family. It is a type I sialoglycoprotein with a molecular weight of 10 kD, present in the cell membrane as a homodimer. Glycophorin A is expressed by erythroid precursors and erythrocytes. It carries the antigen determinants for the MNS blood groups and has been proposed to be an inhibitor of hemagglutination and hemolysis. Glycophorin A binds siglec 5, the erythrocyte binding antigen (EBA-175) of P. falciparum and some viruses, including influenza virus and hepatitis A virus.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Mason D, et al. Eds. 2002. Leucocyte Typing VII:White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Oxford University Press. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_10641707 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349105)
AB_10640739 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349106)
- Member of the glycophorin A family; type I protein with a molecular weight of 10 kD; present in the membrane as homodimer
Erythrocytes and erythroid precursors
- Possible inhibitor of hemagglutination and hemolysis; carries the antigen determinants for the MNS blood groups
- Siglec 5, erythrocyte binding antigen (EBA-175) of P. falciparum, receptor for the influenza virus, hepatitis A virus
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Reid ME. 2009. Immunohematology 25:95.
2. Palacajornsuk P. 2006. Immunohematology 22:171.
3. Pasvol G. 2003. Trends Parasitol. 19:430.
4. Takakuwa Y. 2001. Curr. Opin. Hematol. 8:80.
- Gene ID
- 2993 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD235a on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.