- 2H7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV B201
- Other Names
- B1, Bp35
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD20 is a 33-37 kD, four transmembrane spanning protein, also known as B1 and Bp35. CD20 is expressed on pre-B-cells, resting and activated B cells (not plasma cells), some follicular dendritic cells, and at low levels on a T cell subset. CD20 is heavily phosphorylated on activated B cells and malignant B cells. Homo-oligomeric complexes of CD20 are thought to form Ca2+ conductive ion channels in the plasma membrane of B cells. The CD20 molecule is involved in B-cell activation and is associated with various Src family kinases (Lyn, Lck, Fyn). It exists in a complex with MHC class I and II, CD53, CD81, and CD82.Product Details
- Human, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Pigtailed Macaque, Rhesus, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human tonsillar B cells
µg size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
test sizes: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
µg sizes: 0.2 mg/ml
test sizes: lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application. For flow cytometric staining using the test sizes, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The epitope recognized by clone 2H7 has been mapped to the sequence YNCEPANPSEKNSPST which lies in the large extracellular loop of human CD20. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation4 and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- McMichael A, et al. Eds. 1987. Leucocyte Typing III Oxford University Press. New York.
- Polyak MJ, et al. 2002. Blood 99:3256. (IP)
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_314253 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302305)
AB_314254 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302306)
AB_2564144 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302346)
- Four transmembrane protein (TM4SF), heavily phosphorylated after activation, 33-37 kD
B cell, T cell subsets
- B cell activation
- Src family tyrosine kinases, MHC class I, II, CD53, CD81, CD82
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Hultin L, et al. 1993. Cytometry 14:196.
2. Tedder T, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:450.
- Gene ID
- 931 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about CD20 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
- What is the difference between two anti human CD20 clones 2H7 and 1412?
For clone 1412: This clone specifically recognizes cytoplasmic domain of CD20 and thus can only be used for intracellular flow cytometry. In this instance you will need to include the fixation and permeabilization steps. Please follow the intracellular flow cytometry staining protocol.
For clone 2H7: This clone is ok for regular surface staining for CD20 and there is no need for any fixation and permeabilization steps.
Our technical protocols can be found here.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.