- AH9R7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD129, IL-9R
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD129 is known as the 57 kD IL-9 receptor. It is a member of the hematopoietin receptor superfamily. Although the α-chain of the receptor binds IL-9 with high affinity, interaction with the γ-chain (CD132) of the IL-2 receptor is required for signaling. The IL-9 receptor is expressed at low levels on eosinophils, mast cells, macrophages, B lymphocytes, T lymphocytes, and erythroid progenitors. IL-9 receptor binding initiates STAT activation required for the proliferative and anti-apoptotic effects of this cytokine. In humans, signals from the IL-9 receptor appear to be critical for intrathymic T cell development. IL-9 binding has been shown to increase IL-5 receptor expression and promote survival in human eosinophils.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition the binding of IL-9 to the high affinity a-chain of the human IL-9 receptor1,2, and ELISA for detection of soluble IL-9R. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 310404) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated anti-mouse IgG second step (Cat. No. 405303), followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)). The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 310408).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- De Smedt M, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1761.
- Pilette C, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:4103.
- Demoulin JB, et al.1996. Mol. Cell. Biol. 16 (9):4710.
- Product Citations
AB_314816 (BioLegend Cat. No. 310403)
AB_314817 (BioLegend Cat. No. 310404)
- Cytokine receptor family, type I membrane protein or soluble, associate with common γ chain(CD132), 57 kD
Eosinophils, mast, thymocytes, erythroid, myeloid progenitors, macrophages
- Activates STAT; critical for intrathymic T cell development
- Cell Type
- Eosinophils, Erythrocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Mast cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Demoulin JB, et al.1996. Mol. Cell. Biol. 16:4710.
- Gene ID
- 3581 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about CD129 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.