- 4H1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GM-CSFRα chain
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD116 is a 70-85 kD α chain of the GM-CSF receptor. It combines with CDw131 β chain to form the high affinity GM-CSF receptor. A soluble form of CD116, which binds GM-CSF with a relatively low affinity, has been identified. In addition, an alternatively spliced form of CD116 with an altered cytoplasmic tail has been described. CD116 is expressed on various myeloid cells including monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, eosinophils, dendritic cells and their precursors, fibroblasts, and endothelial cells. CD116 is expressed on myeloid leukemias, osteogenic sarcoma cell lines, osteoblast-like cells and breast and lung carcinoma cell lines.Product Details
- Human, African Green
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human GM-CSFRα transfected COS cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation2, Western blotting1, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections4 and paraffin-embedded tissue sections5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Stomski FC, et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273:1192. (WB)
- McClure B, et al. 2001. Blood 98:3165. (IP)
- Guthridge MA, et al. 2004. Blood 103:820.
- Xiong S, et al. 2013. J. Clin. Invest. 123:4264. (IHC)
- Sawada H, et al. 2014. J. Exp. Med. 211:263. (IHC).
- Product Citations
AB_2085686 (BioLegend Cat. No. 305908)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, associates with CDw131, 70-85 kD
Monocytes, granulocytes, dendritic cells, endothelial precursors
- Myeloid hematopoietic cell proliferation, differentiation
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Granulocytes, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Miyajima A, et al. 1993. Blood 82:1960.
- Gene ID
- 1438 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD116 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.