|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC).
The pan-cytokeratin AE1/AE3 antibody cocktail provides a broad spectrum of reactivity and stains low molecular weight and high molecular weight cytokeratins in virtually all epithelia.
AE1 immunoreacts with an antigenic determinant present on most of the subfamily A cytokeratins, including cytokeratins with molecular weights of 56.5, 50, 48 and 40 kD. Antibody AE3 reacts with an antigenic determinant shared by the subfamily B cytokeratins including cytokeratins with molecular weights of of 64, 59, 58, 56, and 52 kD.
Cat. No. 914201 (Formerly: SIG-3464-1000) [1 mL]
Cat. No. 914202 (Formerly: SIG-3464-26) [6 mL] is ready-to-use with Biotin-based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
- Product Information
In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD). Use in immunohistochemistry (IHC) test methods only.
The monoclonal antibody AE-1/AE-3 is used for the in vitro examination of human biological samples using immunohistochemistry (IHC) methods for the qualitative identification of Pan-Cytokeratin. The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies and proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
- This antibody was developed using human epidermal keratins.
- Phosphate-buffered solution with BSA + 0.1% NaN3.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: ≥1:40 (concentrated format) with Biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501)
Positive tissue (human): Skin
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Retrieve-All 1 (Cat. No. 927901).
Incubation: 20 minutes at room temperature
- Product Citations
AB_2565153 (BioLegend Cat. No. 914202)
AB_2565152 (BioLegend Cat. No. 914201)
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- This antibody contains sodium azide. Follow federal, state and local regulations to dispose of this reagent. Sodium azide build-up in metal wastepipes may lead to explosive conditions; if disposing of reagent down wastepipes, flush with water after disposal.
- All specimens, samples and any material coming in contact with them should be considered potentially infectious and should be disposed of with proper precautions and in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Do not use this reagent beyond the expiration date stated on the label.
- Do not use this reagent if it appears cloudy or if there is any change in the appearance of the reagent as these may be indication of possible deterioration.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.