- OX-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leukocyte common antigen, LCA, T200, Ly-5
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD45 is a 180-220 kD protein also known as leukocyte common antigen (LCA). It is a protein tyrosine phosphatase with multiple isoforms differing as a result of alternative splicing of the extracellular domain and glycosylation. CD45 is expressed on all hematopoietic cells except erythrocytes and platelets; isoform expression depends on cell type, activation state, and cell maturation. CD45 functions in signal transduction through T and B cell antigen receptors. CD45 has been shown to interact with various proteins including galectin-1, CD2, CD3, and CD4. The OX-1 antibody has been shown to partially inhibit NK cell-mediated lysis of syngeneic tumor cells in vitro.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Enriched glycoprotein fraction from Wistar rat thymocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunofluorescence microscopy (acetone fixed, ammonium-thiocyanate separated epidermal sheets)2, immunohistochemistry of acetone3-, isopentane-4, PLP5-, and n-hexane6 fixed frozen sections and paraffin-embedded sections7,8, and partial inhibition of NK cell lysis of syngeneic tumor cell lines1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Giezeman-Smits KM, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:71. (IP)
- Elbe A, et al. 1994. J. Invest. Dermatol. 102:74. (IF)
- Kouwenhoven E, et al. 2001. Kidney Int. 59:1142. (IHC)
- Martin A, et al. 1995 Clin. Exp. Immunol. 22:283. (IHC)
- Sayegh MH, et al. 1995 J. Exp. Med. 181:186. (IHC)
- Morioka Y, et al. 2000. Kidney Int. 60:2192. (IHC)
- Ng YY, et al. 2005. Kidney Int. 94:S83. (IHC-P)
- Huang XR, et al. 2003. JASN. 14:1738. (IHC-P)
AB_2721618 (BioLegend Cat. No. 202225)
AB_2721619 (BioLegend Cat. No. 202226)
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase, type I transmembrane protein, 180-220 kD (multiple isoforms and differential glycosylation)
All hematopoietic cells except erythrocytes and platelets
- T cell receptor and B cell receptor signal transduction
- Galectin-1, CD2, CD3, CD4
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Sunderland CA, et al. 1979. Eur. J. Immunol. 9:155.
2. Woolett GR, et al. 1985. Eur. J. Immunol.. 15:168.
- Gene ID
- 24699 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD45 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.