- M5/114.15.2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MHC class II
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
These class II molecules are expressed on antigen presenting cells (including B cells) and a subset of T cells from H-2b,d,q,r bearing mice and are involved in antigen presentation to T cells expressing CD3/TCR and CD4 proteins.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Activated C57BL/6 mouse spleen cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The I-A/I-E antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is highly recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The M5/114.15.2 antibody reacts with a polymorphic determinant shared by the I-Ab, I-Ad, I-Aq, I-Ed, and I-Ek MHC class II alloantigens from mice carrying H-2p,r,q,b,d,u haplotypes. Clone M5/114.15.2 however does not react wtih I-Af, I-Ak, or I-As MHC class II alloantigens.1
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemistry of frozen sections2,3,6, and in vitro and in vivo blocking of antigen presentation or ligand binding4-7. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 107655 & 107656).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Bhattacharya A, et al. 1981. J. Immunol. 127:2488. (IP)
- Viville S, et al. 1993. Cell 72:635. (IHC)
- Nelson AJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2453. (IHC)
- Shi Y, et al. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 187:367. (Block)
- Yamashita I, et al. 1993. Int. Immunol. 5:1139.
- Guo M, et al. 1995. Zygote 3:65. (IHC)
- Kim A, et al. 2004. Exp. Mol. Med. 36:428. (Block)
- Luckashenak NA, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:5177.
- Venanzi ES, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5693.
- Christensen SR, et al. 2006. Immunity 25:417. PubMed
- Matte-Martone C, et al. 2008. Blood 111:3884. PubMed
- De Pascalis R, et al. 2008. Infect. Immun. 76:4311. PubMed
- Kuns RD, et al. 2009. Blood 113:5999. PubMed
- Sabatino JJ, et al. 2011. J. Exp. Med. 208:81. PubMed
- Draber P, et al. 2011. Mol Cell Biol. 22:4550. PubMed
- Fu H, et al. 2014. Nat Commun. 5:3436. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_493528 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107619)
AB_493527 (BioLegend Cat. No. 107620)
- MHC class II
B cell and activated T cells, APCs of the H-2b,d,q,r bearing mice
- Antigen presentation
- CD3/TCR, CD4
- Cell Type
- Antigen-presenting cells, B cells, Dendritic cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Watts C. 1997. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 15:821.
2. Pamer E, et al. 1998. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 16:323.
- Gene ID
- 14961 View all products for this Gene ID 14969 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about I-A/I-E on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.