- IA6-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ig delta chain C region
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IgD, a member of the immunoglobulin (Ig) family, is expressed in naïve B cells. It has 3 Ig-like domains and exists in a transmembrane and a soluble form. In general, IgD is not secreted and usually its expression is lost after the Ig isotype switch. After antigen binding, IgD signals through the CD79a/CD79b (Igα/Igβ) heterodimer, resulting in the activation of the B cell.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human IgD
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde fixed frozen sections.4
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chen K, et al. 2009. Nat. Immunol. 10:889.
- Lee CH, et al. 2005. J. Exp. Med. 203:63.
- Sutter JA, et al. 2008. Clin. Immunol. 126:282.
- Li H and Pauza CD. 2015. Eur. J. Immunol. 45:298. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2561596 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348223)
AB_2561597 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348224)
- Exists in a transmembranal and a soluble form
Naïve B cells
- Antigen binding, B cell activation
- The CD79a/CD79b heterodimer
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Antigen References
1. Geisberger R, et al. 2006. Immunology 118:429.
2. Weller S, et al. 2005. Eur. J. Immunol. 35:2789.
3. Brandtzaeg P and Johansen FE. 2005. Immunol. Rev. 206:32.
- Gene ID
- 3495 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IgD on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.