- HI264 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VII 70312
- Other Names
- PAS-2, Sialoglycoprotein alpha, MN sialoglycoprotein, Glycophorin A, MNS blood group
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD235a (Glycophorin A) is member of the glycophorin A family. It is a type I sialoglycoprotein with a molecular weight of 10 kD, present in the cell membrane as a homodimer. Glycophorin A is expressed by erythroid precursors and erythrocytes. It carries the antigen determinants for the MNS blood groups and has been proposed to be an inhibitor of hemagglutination and hemolysis. Glycophorin A binds siglec 5, the erythrocyte binding antigen (EBA-175) of P. falciparum and some viruses, including influenza virus and hepatitis A virus.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Mason D, et al. Eds. 2002. Leucocyte Typing VII:White Cell Differentiation Antigens. Oxford University Press. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_11219199 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349107)
AB_11218988 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349108)
- Member of the glycophorin A family; type I protein with a molecular weight of 10 kD; present in the membrane as homodimer
Erythrocytes and erythroid precursors
- Possible inhibitor of hemagglutination and hemolysis; carries the antigen determinants for the MNS blood groups
- Siglec 5, erythrocyte binding antigen (EBA-175) of P. falciparum, receptor for the influenza virus, hepatitis A virus
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Reid ME. 2009. Immunohematology 25:95.
2. Palacajornsuk P. 2006. Immunohematology 22:171.
3. Pasvol G. 2003. Trends Parasitol. 19:430.
4. Takakuwa Y. 2001. Curr. Opin. Hematol. 8:80.
- Gene ID
- 2993 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD235a on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.