- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-17A/F Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|435807||1 Pre-coated Plate||$350.00|
Human IL-17A/F is a heterodimeric member of the IL-17 family It is a pro-inflammatory cytokine secreted by activated Th17 cells in response to bacteria and fungi. There is great interest in IL-17 family members, not only for their role in adaptive immunity and inflammation, but also in a variety of auto-immune diseases, such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and lupus.
IL-17A/F consists of the monomeric units of IL-17A and IL-17F, which share 50% amino acid sequence identity. It has been shown to be a naturally expressed and biologically active molecule. While much has been studied about IL-17A and IL-17F, it is still unclear how each distinctively induces the inflammatory response, and what role IL-17A/F also plays in it. It is known that all three cytokines are produced in different amounts, and each has different degrees of pro-inflammatory effects. All seem to interact with the IL-17RA/IL-17RC receptor complex, and signal via the NF-κB pathway to induce secretion of inflammatory cytokines and recruit granulocytes.
BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-17A/F ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), in which, a specific antibody is pre-coated on a 96-well strip-well plate.
BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Human IL-17A/F ELISA Kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of Human IL-17A/F from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma or other bodily fluids. It is ready-to-use, accurate, and sensitive.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human IL-17A/F Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human IL-17A/F Dectection Antibody
- Human IL-17A/F Standard
- Matrix C (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 2.58 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 10.9-700 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- Th17 cells and activated CD4 T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 3605 View all products for this Gene ID 112744 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A IL-17F on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.