- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PlGF, PLGF, Placental Growth Factor
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
Placental growth factor (PlGF) is a member of the PDGF/VEGF family of growth factors. Four alternatively-spliced isoforms have been identified: PlGF-1, PlGF-2, PlGF-3, and PlGF-4. All isoforms are expressed in placental tissues, with PlGF-2 being expressed specifically during early placental development. PlGF-1 and PlGF-3 are considered diffusible isoforms, while PlGF-2 and PlGF-4 each contain a unique heparin binding domain that may increase associations with cell membranes. In addition to placental tissues, PlGF is expressed in the microvasculature, bone marrow, umbilical vein endothelia, uterine keratinocytes, and NK cells. PlGF binds to both VEGF-R1 and neuropilin, but not VEGF-R2 and induces monocyte activation, migration, inflammatory cytokine production. PlGF plays a key role in maternal vascular function during pregnancy, with circulating levels reaching a peak mid-gestation. It can be used as a marker for pregnancy-associated hypertensive disorders such as pre-eclampsia. High levels of PlGF expression have also been linked to tumorigenesis; specifically PlGF-1 has been identified in both colon and mammary carcinomas.
The BioLegend ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). The human PlGF capture antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells and PlGFbinds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, biotinylated anti-human PlGF detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of PlGF present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader.
- Kit Contents
- Human PlGF ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human PlGF ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human PlGF Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Matrix Diluent A
- Lot-Specific Certificate of Analysis/ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set Protocol
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 6.3 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 6.3 - 400 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS + 0.05% Tween-20
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.