- ME-9F1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- S-Endo 1 antigen, MUC18, MCAM, Mel-CAM, A32 antigen
- Rat IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD146, also known as melanoma cell adhesion molecule (MCAM or Mel-CAM), MUC18, S-Endo1, and A32 antigen, is an integral membrane glycoprotein that belongs to the Ig superfamily. CD146 is strongly expressed by murine vascular endothelial cells. It is expressed on about 30% of neutrophils and 60% of NK cells. Unlike in humans, CD146 is undetectable on monocytes, dendritic cells, T cells, NKT cells, B cells, or smooth muscle cells in mouse. It has been reported that an increase in CD146 expression is associated with NK cell maturation. Combined with using CD27 and CD11b staining, CD146 may be an alternative marker to detect final stages of NK cell maturation and define NK cell subsets. CD146+ NK cells were found to be less cytotoxic and to produce less IFNγ than CD146- NK cells upon stimulation with target cells or activating antibodies. The role of CD146 on NK cell migration has yet to be investigated. The identification of CD146 ligand(s) will be crucial to address this issue.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Endothelial cell line TME-3H3
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schrage A, et al. 2008. Histochem. Cell. Biol. 129:441.
- Birbrair A, et al. 2013. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 305:1098. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2143526 (BioLegend Cat. No. 134705)
AB_2143525 (BioLegend Cat. No. 134706)
- CD146 is a transmembrane glycoprotein and belongs to the Ig superfamily of cell adhesion molecules.
CD146 is strongly expressed by murine vascular endothelial cells, a subset of NK1.1+ cells, and neutrophils.
- CD146 has been reported to be functionally relevant for endothelial cell adhesion, angiogenesis, and NK cell function.
- Unidentified ligand.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Neutrophils, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Despoix N, et al. 2008. Eur. J. Immunol. 38:2855.
2. Sorrentino A, et al. 2008. Exp. Hematol. 36:1035.
3. Bardin N, et al. 2009. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 29:746.
- Gene ID
- 84004 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD146 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.