- MIH26 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BTLA, B and T lymphocyte attenuator
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
B and T lymphocyte attenuator (BTLA) is an Ig superfamily coinhibitory receptor with structural similarity to programmed cell death 1 (PD-1) and CTLA-4. BTLA is expressed on B cells, T cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, NKT cells, and NK cells. Engagement of BTLA by its ligand Herpes Virus Entry Mediator (HVEM) is critical for negatively regulating immune response. The absence of BTLA with HVEM inhibitory interactions leads to increased experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis severity, enhanced rejection of partially mismatched allografts, an increased CD8+ memory T cell population, increased severity of colitis, and reduced effectiveness of T regulatory cells. BTLA plays an important role in the induction of peripheral tolerance of both CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in vivo. Tolerant T cells have significant up-regulated expression of BTLA compared with effector and naïve T cells. BTLA may cooperate with CTLA-4 and PD-1 to control T cell tolerance and autoimmunity. It has been reported that BTLA may regulate T cell function through binding to B7-H4.Product Details
- Human, African Green
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human BTLA transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of T cell proliferation and cytokine production1. Clone MIH26 has agonistic activity on BTLA, resulting in the inhibition of activation.
The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for use in in vitro and in vivo biofunctional assays.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Otsuki N, et al. 2006. Biochem. Bioph. Res. Co. 344:1121.
- Okano M, et al. 2008. Clin. Exp. Allergy 38:1891.
AB_2716232 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344523)
AB_2716233 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344524)
- Ig superfamily, with similar structure to CTLA-4 and PD-1
B cells and T lymphocytes, NK cells and dendritic cells
- Negative regulation of T cell activation, proliferation and cytokine production
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Watanabe N, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:670.
2. Sun Y, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:1946.
3. Gonzalez LC, et al. 2005. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:1116.
- Gene ID
- 151888 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD272 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.