- A15137E (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6, IL-4 Stat
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
STAT6 is a member of the signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) family, activating gene expression in response to IL-4 and IL-13 stimulation. Upon cytokine stimulation, the receptor is phosphorylated by the associated Janus Kinases (Jak), followed by recruiting cytoplasmic STAT6. The Tyr641 residue of STAT6 is, in turn, phosphorylated by Jak. Phosphorylated STAT6 forms homodimers, translocates to the nucleus, and regulates transcription of target genes. STAT6 plays crucial roles in differentiation of T helper 2 (Th2) cells, class switch of immunoglobulins in B cells, expression of cell surface markers such as MHC class II, and the development of allergic inflammation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human STAT6 peptide phosphorylated at Tyr 641
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:10,000 - 1:100,000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
Human STAT6 has three isoforms; the molecular weights are 94, 82 and 74kD. The immunogen (phosphorylated peptide) is shared by these three isoforms. This antibody recognizes STAT6 Phospho (Tyr641) in all three isoforms. The predominant band detected is at 94 kD.
Clone A15137E does not react with mouse.
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
- Product Citations
AB_2687037 (BioLegend Cat. No. 686015)
- 847 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 94 kD. Contains a SH2 domain responsible for phosphor-Tyrosine binding and dimerization.
Cytoplasm; translocates to the nucleus when phosphorylated.
- STAT6 is a transcription factor, mediating IL-4 and IL-13 signaling. While STAT6 is widely expressed in human tissues, it exhibits elevated expression in peripheral blood lymphocytes, colon, intestine, ovary, prostate, thymus, spleen, kidney, liver, lung, and placenta. Following phosphorylation by Janus kinases, STAT6 translocates to the nucleus where it regulates gene transcription.
- STAT6 interacts with CBP/p300 and NCOA1. Forms a homodimer or a heterodimer with other STAT family members.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Goenka S, et al. 2011. Immunol. Res. 50:87.
2. Wurster AL, et al. 2000. Oncogene 19:2577.
3. Akira S. 1999. Stem Cells 17:138.
4. Zamorano J, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:2843.
5. David M, et al. 2001. Oncogene 20:6660.
6. Takeda K, et al. 1996. Nature 380:627.
- Gene ID
- 6778 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- STAT6 Phospho Tyr641
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- STAT6 Phospho (Tyr641)
- View information about STAT6 Phospho Tyr641 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.