- WM59 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V P025
- Other Names
- PECAM-1, EndoCAM
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD31 is a 130-140 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) or Endocam. It is expressed on monocytes, platelets, granulocytes, endothelial cells and lymphocyte subsets. CD31 has been reported to bind CD38 and be involved in wound healing, angiogenesis, and cellular migration in an inflammatory situation.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 711™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 711™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 711 nm. The bandpass filter 710/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 711™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone WM59 has been reported to recognize the D2 extracellular portion of CD31.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy2, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections8, blocking of platelet aggregation3, and spatial biology (IBEX)11,12. Clone WM59 is not recommended for immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 303143 & 303144).
The purified WM59 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with biotin anti-human CD31 antibody (Cat. No. 536604) antibody as the detection antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V Oxford University Press. New York.
- Muczynski KA, et al. 2003. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 14:1336. (IF)
- Wu XW, et al. 1997. Arterioscl. Throm. Vas. 17:3154. (Block)
- Nagano M, et al. 2007. Blood 110:151. (FC) PubMed
- MacFadyen JR, et al. 2005. FEBS Lett. 579:2569. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Sestak K, et al. 2007. Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 119:21.
- Wicki A, et al. 2012. Clin. Cancer Res. 18:454. (FC, IHC) PubMed
- Oeztuerk-Winder F, et al. 2012. EMBO J. 31:3431. (FC) PubMed
- Bushway ME, et al. 2014. Biol Reprod. 90(5): 110 (IF) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 117:33455-33465. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
AB_2716212 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303135)
AB_2716213 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303136)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 130-140 kD
Monocytes, platelets, granulocytes, endothelial cells, lymphocyte subset
- Cell adhesion, signal transduction
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Granulocytes, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- DeLisser H, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:490.
- Newman P, 1997. J. Clin. Invest. 99:3.
- Fawcett J, et al. 1995. J. Cell Biol. 128:1229.
- Gene ID
- 5175 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD31 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
FITC anti-human CD31
PE anti-human CD31
Purified anti-human CD31
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD31
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD31
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD31
APC anti-human CD31
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD31
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD31
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD31
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD31
Purified anti-human CD31 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD31
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD31
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD31
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD31
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD31
TotalSeq™-A0124 anti-human CD31
TotalSeq™-C0124 anti-human CD31
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD31
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD31
TotalSeq™-B0124 anti-human CD31
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD31
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD31