- MC-480 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen 1, X-hapten, Lewis X, 3-FAL, CD15, SSEA1, SSEA-1
- Mouse IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The MC-480 antibody reacts with mouse and human Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-1 (SSEA-1). It is a Lewis blood group related carbohydrate antigen, also known as X-hapten, Lewis X, 3-FAL, 3-fucosyl-N-acetyllactosamine, or CD15. The expression pattern of SSEA-1 antigen is different in humans than in mice. In mice, SSEA-1 is expressed on embryonic stem cells (ES), embryonal carcinoma cells (EC), 8-cell to blastocyst embryos, and a subset of embryonic inner cell mass. The expression on murine ES cells is decreased upon differentiation. In humans, however, SSEA-1 is not found on undifferentiated ES cells, but its expression is upregulated along with differentiation. CD15 is highly expressed on adult human granulocytes. It has been reported that SSEA-1 plays a role in cell adhesion and regulation of cell differentiation.Product Details
- Mouse, Cross-Reactivity: Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse F9 Teratocarcinoma Stem Cells (X-irradiated)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, Western blotting1, and immunohistochemistry1 of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Solter D and Knowles BB. 1978. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 75:5565. (IHC, IP, WB)
- Product Citations
AB_2562671 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125613)
AB_2562672 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125614)
- Carbohydrate epitope, Lewis blood group antigens
Murine embryonic stem cells (ES), embryonal carcinoma cells, 8-cell to blastocyst embryos; human differentiated cells, not on undifferentiated ES cells
- Adhesion, differentiation
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Solter D and Knowles BB. 1978. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 75:5565.
2. Harris JF, et al. 1984. J. Immunol. 132:2502.
3. Gooi HC, et al. 1981. Nature 292:156.
4. Cui L, et al. 2004. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 52:1447.
- Gene ID
- 14345 View all products for this Gene ID 2526 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about CD15 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.