- YTS156.7.7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lyt-3, Ly-3
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8b is the 32 kD β chain of CD8, also known as Lyt-3 or Ly-3. It is a member of the Ig superfamily expressed as a heterodimer with the CD8α chain on a subset of MHC class I-restricted T cells and most thymocytes. CD8 is a co-receptor for the TCR complex involved in T cell activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- McNical AM, et al. 2007. Eur. J. Immunol. 37:1634.
AB_2800620 (BioLegend Cat. No. 126629)
- Ig superfamily, CD8β chain, 34 kD
Majority of thymocytes, cytotoxic T cell subsets
- Co-receptor of TCR
- MHC class I
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1.Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte antigen Facts Book Academic Press.
2. Zamoyska R. 1994. Immunity 1:243-246.
3. Ellmeier W, et al. 1999. Annu. Rev Immunol 17:523.
4. Ledbetter JA, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:1503.
- Gene ID
- 12526 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8b on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.