- RI7217 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Transferrin receptor, T9
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD71 is a 95 kD type II heterodimeric transmembrane glycoprotein that is also known as T9 and transferrin receptor. CD71 is expressed on proliferating cells, reticulocytes, and erythroid precursors. Its expression is very low on resting leukocytes. CD71 plays a role in the control of cellular proliferation by facilitating the uptake of iron via ferrotransferrin binding and the recycling of apotransferrin to the cell surface.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of cellular proliferation. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 113821 & 113822).
This clone may also be known as R17217 or R17 217.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_10899739 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113813)
- Transferrin receptor and is 95 kD.
Most dividing cells, the brain endothelium, and cycling hematopoietic progenitors.
- Mediates iron uptake.
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Hentze MW, et al. 1996. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93:8175.
2. Trowbridge IS, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Cell Biol. 9:129.
3. Trowbridge I, et al. 1982. J. Cell Physiol. 112:403.
4. Kuhn LC, et al. 1984. Cell 37:95.
- Gene ID
- 22042 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD71 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.