- RM4-4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- L3T4, T4
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD4 is a 55 kD protein, also known as L3T4 or T4. It is a member of the Ig superfamily, primarily expressed on most thymocytes and a subset of T cells, and weakly on macrophages and dendritic cells. It acts as a coreceptor with the TCR during T cell activation and thymic differentiation by binding MHC class II and associating with the protein tyrosin kinase, lck.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- BALB/c mouse thymocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
RM4-4 antibody does not block the binding of GK1.5 and RM4-5 antibodies to CD4 T cells. For immunohistochemistry applications, the RM4-5 (Cat. No. 100506) and GK1.5 (Cat. No. 100402) antibodies are recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Bendelac A. 1995. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 7:367.
- Norian LA and Allen PM. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:835.
AB_2800579 (BioLegend Cat. No. 116023)
- Ig superfamily, 55 kD
Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset
- TCR co-receptor, T cell activation
- MHC class II molecule
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Bierer BE, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
3. Janeway CA. 1992. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 10:645.
- Gene ID
- 12504 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
- I am unable to see expression of T cell markers such as CD3 and CD4 post activation.
- TCR-CD3 complexes on the T-lymphocyte surface are rapidly downregulated upon activation with peptide-MHC complex, superantigen or cross-linking with anti-TCR or anti-CD3 antibodies. PMA/Ionomycin treatment has been shown to downregulate surface CD4 expression. Receptor downregulation is a common biological phenomenon and so make sure that your stimulation treatment is not causing it in your sample type.
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.