- 15C4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- OLR1, LOX1, LOXIN, SLOX1, CLEC8A, SCARE1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor 1 (LOX-1) also known as CLEC8A is a 31 kD single pass type II transmembrane protein and member of the C-type lectin superfamily. LOX-1 is a scavenger receptor and is involved in endocytosis, phagocytosis and cytokine production. CLEC8A is expressed by endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, platelets, fibroblasts, macrophages, and is upregulated by inflammatory and oxidative stimuli. LOX-1 recognizes numerous ligands including lipoproteins, apoptotic cells heat shock proteins, C-reactive protein and oxidized LDL. LOX-1 is implicated in atherosclerosis and vascular inflammation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- LOX-1 ectodomain: Fc fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescent staining of acetone-fixed frozen human skin sections1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Li D, et al. 2012. J. Exp. Med. 209:109. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2728342 (BioLegend Cat. No. 358609)
AB_2728343 (BioLegend Cat. No. 358610)
- Single pass, type II, transmembrane protein, 31 kD, homodimer, member of the C-type lectin superfamily.
- Endothelial cells, smooth muscle, platelets, fibroblasts, macrophages; Upregulated by inflammatory and oxidative stimuli
- Scavenger receptor, involved in endocytosis, phagocytosis and cytokine production
- Recognizes numerous ligands including lipoproteins, apoptotic cells, heat shock proteins, C-reactive protein, oxidized LDL
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Platelets, Fibroblasts, Macrophages, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Yin Y, et al. 2013. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 92:150.
2. Khaidakov M. and Mehta JL. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e46973.
3. Sawamura T, et al. 2012. Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 23:439.
4. Lin FY, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:4405.
5. Parlato S, et al. 2010. Blood 115:1554.
- Gene ID
- 4973 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LOX-1 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.