- UCHL1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV N31
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD45RO is a 180 kD single chain membrane glycoprotein. It is a splice variant of tyrosine phosphatase CD45, lacking the A, B, and C determinants. The CD45RO isoform is expressed on activated and memory T cells, some B cell subsets, activated monocytes/macrophages, and granulocytes. CD45RO enhances both T cell receptor and B cell receptor signaling mediated activation. CD45 and its isoforms non-covalently associate with lymphocyte phosphatase-associated phosphoprotein (LPAP) on T and B lymphocytes. CD45 has been reported to be associated with several other cell surface antigens including CD1, CD2, CD3, and CD4. CD45 has also been reported to bind galectin-1 and CD22. CD45 isoform expression can change in response to cytokines.Product Details
- Human, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Common Marmoset
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- IL-2 dependent T cell line, CA1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg per ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The UCHL1 antibody is commonly used in combination with antibodies against CD45RA to discern memory and naïve T cells. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections5 and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections4, Western blotting2, and immunoprecipitation3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. Eds. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York. (FC)
- Ishii T, et al. 2001. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:12138. (WB)
- Ponsford M, et al. 2001. Clin. Exp. Immunol. 124:315. (IP)
- Yamada M, et al. 1996. Stroke 27:1155. (IHC)
- Sakkas LI, et al. 1998. Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immunol. 5:430. (IHC)
- Baba N, et al. 2010. Int. Immunol. 22:237. PubMed
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Weiss L, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:10632. PubMed
- Wu YY, et al. 2007. Infect. Immun. 75:4357. PubMed
- Mozaffarian N, et al. 2008. Rheumatology 47:1335. PubMed
- Roque S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:8028. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Smith SH, et al. 1986. Immunology 58:63. (Immunogen)
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_10898323 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304223)
AB_2563817 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304224)
- Tyrosine phosphatases, type I transmembrane, 180 kD (isoform of CD45 containing none of the A, B, or C determinants)
Activated and memory T cells, B cell subsets, monocytes, macrophages, granulocytes
- Enhances TCR and BCR signaling
- Cell Type
- B cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Monocytes, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Thomas M. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:339.
2. Trowbridge I, et al. 1994. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 12:85.
- Gene ID
- 5788 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD45RO on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.