- OX-104 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VII 70655
- Other Names
- OX-2, OX2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD200, also known as OX2, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF). It is a monomorphic cell surface glycoprotein that is expressed on thymocytes, neurons, endothelium, follicular dendritic cells in all lymphoid organs, a subset of CD34+ progenitor cells, and at low levels on some smooth muscle and B lymphocytes. It is not expressed on NK cells, monocytes, granulocytes, or platelets. CD200 costimulates T cell proliferation. It may regulate myeloid cell activity in a variety of tissues. The interaction between CD200 (OX2) and CD200 receptor (OX2R) system is of importance in the control of macrophage and granulocyte activation, which may contribute to pathways that suppress and limit macrophage induced inflammatory damage in tissue.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections1 and acetone-fixed frozen sections2, and blocking of CD200 interaction with CD200R.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Patel GK, et al. 2012. J. Invest. Dermatol. 132:401. (IHC)
- Wright GJ, et al. 2001. Immunology 102:173. (IHC)
- Foster-Cuevas M, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:7667. (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_2562207 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329209)
AB_2632810 (BioLegend Cat. No. 329210)
- Immunoglobulin superfamily
T cells, neurons, endothelium
- Costimulates T cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Neurons, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Wright GJ, et al. 2001. Immunol. 102:173.
2. Foster-Cuevas M, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:7667.
3. Mason D, et al. 2002. ed. Leukocyte Typing VII. New York:Oxford Univ. Press.
4. Broderick C, et al. 2002. Am. J. Pathol. 161:1669.
- Induces a downregulation of macrophage activity
- Gene ID
- 4345 View all products for this Gene ID
- Specificity (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- Specificity Alt (DOES NOT SHOW ON TDS):
- View information about CD200 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.