- G077F6 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-4 receptor α subunit
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD124, also known as the alpha subunit of IL-4R, is a 140 kD transmembrane glycoprotein. It associates with either the common γ-chain (CD132) to form the type I IL-4R complex, which specifically binds IL-4, or with IL-13Ra1 to form the type II IL-4R heterodimeric complex, which binds and transduces signals from either IL-4 or IL-13. A truncated form of IL-4Rα exists in the soluble form in biological fluids. CD124 is expressed on human B and T cells as well as a variety of other hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic cells and cell lines. In B cells, CD124 can bind with IL-4 and IL-13 to regulate IgE antibody production. In T cells, the type I IL-4R (IL-4R/gC) is mostly responsible for Th2 cell expansion by mediating IL-4-dependent activation of the transcription factors in hematopoietic cells. The type II IL-4R (IL-4R/IL-13Ra1) is the main route for non-hematopoietic cell responses to IL-4 or IL-13.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-4Rα Fc chimera
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
AB_2814297 (BioLegend Cat. No. 355013)
AB_2814298 (BioLegend Cat. No. 355014)
- 140 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein, associates with common γ chain or IL-13 receptor alpha-1 subunit
B cells, T cells, endothelial cells, cancer cells
- Regulates IgE antibody production in B cells, Th2 cell expansion, and IL-4 or IL-13 induced response in non-hematopoietic cells
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
- Kashiwada M, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:6382.
- Gilmour J, et al. 2008. Immunology 124:437.
- Hage T, et al. 1999. Cell 97:271.
- Gene ID
- 3566 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD124 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.