- 9-4D2-1E4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V MA199
- Other Names
- M-CSFR,CSF-1R, FMS, CSF-1 Receptor
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CSF-1R, also known as CD115 and M-CSFR, is a single-pass type I membrane protein and member of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor family. Structural studies of CD115 have described an Ig-like extracellular domain, a transmembrane domain, an intracellular juxtamembrane domain, a split tyrosine kinase domain, and a C-terminal tail receptor. Receptor activation induces homodimerization in addition to phosphorylation and ubiquitinylation of intracellular residues. The natural ligands of CD115 include M-CSF and IL-34. CD115 directly influences tissue macrophage and osteoclast differentiation and proliferation. It is expressed on monocytes/macrophages, plasmacytoid and conventional dendritic cells, and osteoclasts.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C-fms transduced Kirsten strain murine sarcoma virus transformed NRK cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
It has been reported that CD115 can be rapidly internalized, especially when samples are exposed to room temperature. Approximate 33% decrease in CD115 expression has been observed between 0 and 4 hours after sample collection, while overnight incubation of the cells results in complete CD115 downregulation. Pre-treatment with EDTA and low temperatures (2 to 8°C) helps in maintaining surface expression of CD1151.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Breslin WL, et al. 2013. J Immunol Methods. 390(1-2):1 PubMed
AB_2687395 (BioLegend Cat. No. 347321)
AB_2687396 (BioLegend Cat. No. 347322)
- Single-pass type I membrane protein and is 150 kD.
Monocytes/macrophages, plasmacytoid and conventional dendritic cells, and osteoclasts.
- Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (M-CSF) and IL-34.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, Osteoclasts
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Sherr CJ, et al. 1989. Blood 73:1786
2. Roussel MF, et al. 1991. Nature 353:361.
3. Roussel MF, et al. 1989 P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 86:7924.
- Gene ID
- 1436 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD115 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
- Why do I have a weak CD115 staining?
It has been reported that CD115 can be rapidly internalized, especially when samples are exposed to room temperature. Approximate 33% decrease in CD115 expression has been observed between 0 and 4 hours after sample collection, while overnight incubation of the cells results in complete CD115 downregulation. Pre-treatment with EDTA and low temperatures (2 - 8°C) helps in maintaining surface expression of CD115. In addition, brief fixation of the cells with Fixation Buffer (Cat. No. 420801) for 10 minutes will block CD115 internalization.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.