- 2F1-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Actin, cytoplasmic 1
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
β-actin is a ubiquitously expressed and highly conserved 42 kD cytoplasmic protein involved in cell motility. This critical cytoskeletal component can be disrupted by drugs such as cytochalasin. Because β-actin is ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells, it is frequently used as a loading control for assays involving protein detection (such as Western blotting).Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 10 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The binding of this antibody to its target is sensitive to salt concentration. For consistent results, please use TBS/T buffer for Western blotting that contains 0.15 M NaCl as indicated in the BioLegend recommended protocol.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Joyce CW, et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281:33053.
- Yanagiya T,et al.2007.Obesity.15:572.
- KishidaT,et al. 2007.J. Immunol. 179:8554.
- Ouimet M, et al. 2008. Arterisocler Thromb Vasc Biol. 28:1144.
- Toltlt LJ,et al. 2008.J. Immunol. 181:2165.
- Sawada. T,et al. 2008. J. Biol. Chem. 283:26820.
- Ikeda D, et al. 2008. Endocrinology. 149:6037.
- Ikeda Y, et al. 2010. Mol Endocrinol. 24:1338. PubMed
- Kaieda S, et al. 2010. J. Biol Chem. 285:21478. PubMed
- Cambos M, et al. 2011. J. Leukoc. Biol. 89:157. PubMed
AB_2566300 (BioLegend Cat. No. 643806)
- Actin, cytoplasmic 1
Ubiquitously expressed in the cytoplasm of all eukaryotic cells
- Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in cell motility
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Hanukoglu I, et al. 1983. J. Mol. Biol. 163:673.
2. Nakajima-Iijima S, et al. 1985. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 82:6133.
3. Ponte P, et al. 1984. Nucleic Acids Res. 12:1687.
- Gene ID
- 11461 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-actin on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.