- Poly5300 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Goat Polyclonal Ig
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-31, produced mainly by activated CD4+ T cells, is a newly discovered helical cytokine belonging to the gp130/IL6 cytokine family. IL-31 is closely related in structure to IL-6, IL-11, and IL-27. Binding of IL-31 to its receptor activates JAK/STAT, PI3K/AKT, and MAPK pathways. IL-31 acts on a broad range of immune and non-immune cells and thus possesses potential pleiotropic physiological functions, such as regulating hematopoiesis and immune responses. Human IL-31 is also involved in inflammatory bowel disease, airway hypersensitivity, and dermatitis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-31
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA. For ELISA detection applications, a concentration of 0.8 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of PCSK9 recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 31.3 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate.
It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
The purified Poly5300 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5300 antibody as the detecting antibody.
AB_2650708 (BioLegend Cat. No. 530004)
- 161 aa with a putative 23 aa signal peptide that is cleaved to generate a 138 aa mature protein.
Secreted by activated CD4<sup>+</sup> T cells.
- IL-31 belongs to the IL-6 family of cytokines and plays a role in skin inflammation.
- Binds to IL-31 receptor complex that consists of two receptor subunits, IL31RA and OSMR.
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. McCandless EE, et al. 2014. Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 157:42.
2. Arai I, et al. 2013. Exp. Dermatol. 22:669.
3. Dai X, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:e67666.
4. Stott B, et al. 2013. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 132:446.
5. Hartmann K, et al. 2013. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 132:232.
6. Baron JM and Lüscher B. 2012. Acta. Derm. Venereol. 92:5.
- Gene ID
- 386653 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-31 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.