- Poly5161 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TIFa, IL-D110, IL-TIF, TIFIL-23, zcyto18
- Goat Polyclonal Ig
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-22 is a cytokine structurally related to IL-10. Originally identified as a murine gene induced by IL-9 in T and mast cells, IL-22 was initially designated ILTIF (IL-10-related T cell-derived inducible factor). IL-22 belongs to a family of cytokines with limited homology to IL-10, namely IL-10, IL-19, IL-20, IL-24, IL-26, and the IFN-λs, IL-28A, IL-28B and IL-29. Human IL-22 shares 79% amino acid identity with murine IL-22 and 25% identity with human IL-10. IL-22 biological activity is initiated by binding to a cell surface complex composed of IL-22R1 and IL-10R2 receptor chains. Activity is further regulated through interactions with the soluble binding protein, IL-22BP, which shares sequence similarity with an extracellular region of IL-22R1 (sIL-22R1). Both chains of the IL-22R complex belong to the class II CRF. Two types of IL-22 binding receptors have been discovered, a membrane-bound receptor and a soluble receptor, both encoded by different genes. IL-22 is produced by Th17 cells and newly identified Th22 cells. It plays a critical role in mucosal immunity in addition to the deregulated inflammation observed in autoimmune diseases.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human IL-22, amino acids Ala34-Ile179 (Accession# NM_020525) was expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA (USA origin) and 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by antigen affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.5-2 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-22 recombinant protein ranging from 8000 to 125 pg/ml are recommended.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated Poly5161 antibody is useful as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with purified poly5161 (Cat. No. 516101) antibody as the capture antibody and recombinant human IL-22 (Cat. No. 571309) as the standard.
AB_2561412 (BioLegend Cat. No. 516103)
- Thymic lymphomas, T cells, activated T cells, macrophages, and mast cells, Th17
- Enhances the production of acute phase proteins in a hepatocyte cell line, HepG2; Promotes Th17 cells to transmigrate through the blood-brain barrier in multiple sclerosis
- Interacts with a cell surface complex composed of IL-22R1 and IL-10R2 receptor chains which are expressed in epithelial cells of inflammatory diseases such as psoriasis, Crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, or allergic asthma
- IL-22R1 and IL-10R2 receptor chains
- In sandwich ELISA, less than 10% cross-reactivity with recombinant mouse IL-22.
- Cell Type
- T cells, Macrophages, Th17, Mast cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Nagalakshmi ML, et al. 2004. Intern. Immunopharmacol. 4:679.
2. Kebir H, et al. 2007. Nat. Med. 13:1173.
3. Gu Y, et al. 2008. Eur. J. Immunol. 38:1807.
4. Pene J, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7423.
5. Dumoutier L, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1814.
6. Xie MH, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 265:31335.
7. Kotenko SV, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:7096.
8. Chung Y, et al. 2006. Cell Res. 16:902.
9. Trifari S, et al. 2009. Nat. Immunol. 10:864.
- Gene ID
- 50616 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-22 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.